So I made a image file but I get Error 1299

chaos

So what i did was,
i reinstalled windows, installed all my drivers, some normal programs all on c drive without changing the standard maps.
Then i used hirens boot cd to get windows pe and there in cmd (with admin rights) i captured the image from c drive and exported that to my empty d drive.
then i went to my normal windows, installed NTlite and i wanted to edit the files some more(remove the standard garbage as apps and things) but this is the error that i get when trying to load it.
I would love to know how i can fix this.

Attachments

• Annotation 2023-10-11 102216.png
    Annotation 2023-10-11 102216.png
    12.5 KB
Could be a capture issue, that part of loading is just a simple image mount using Windows APIs returning that error, not related to the tool directly.

Did you run Sysprep Generalize before capturing to strip the specific drivers and other user-specific files and settings?
I see mention of AMD in the path.
Plus recapture then, let me know if that solves it.

If your goal is to keep the users and files as is, not generalize, then try just recapturing, or a different recapturing method like this one if not that one.

edit: You can also try manually deleting that DxcCache folder before the capture, seems temporary anyway.

Yes i did select generalize before capturing the iso, was it wrong to be logged into my windows account? should it have been a local account for it to be able to work

You might need to login in audit mode.

But, instead, if you want to keep that account login etc, try deleting that cache folder and recapture, no other changes.

When deploying the image for editing before capture, you can also login in audit mode, more info here.
But, let's simply refocus, if you already captured before and it all worked as expected, simply delete that cache folder and try again, without changing your procedure.
If this was your first time capturing, then indeed you could try the audit mode for preparing it as well.

When deploying the image for editing before capture, you can also login in audit mode, more info here.
But, let's simply refocus, if you already captured before and it all worked as expected, simply delete that cache folder and try again, without changing your procedure.
If this was your first time capturing, then indeed you could try the audit mode for preparing it as well.
Can i autologin with my microsoft account during install so my windows 10 pro is activated after install or does that not work?
EDIT: my windows is activated by my microsoft account thats why :)
Also i run into this problem(see image) how can i find out what its trying to apply but is already there so i can remove it so i do not get that pop up.
I made a image with NTLite then loaded it to the virtual machine, added some programms, captured the image, then edited a normal windows iso by removing that standard wim file and adding this wim file. All is working(gives me a popup to login with my mycrosoft account but thats fine) but after that i get this popup

Attachments

• Annotation 2023-10-12 205230.png
    Annotation 2023-10-12 205230.png
    39 KB
Last edited:
Can i autologin with my microsoft account during install so my windows 10 pro is activated after install or does that not work?
EDIT: my windows is activated by my microsoft account thats why :)
Also i run into this problem(see image) how can i find out what its trying to apply but is already there so i can remove it so i do not get that pop up.
I made a image with NTLite then loaded it to the virtual machine, added some programms, captured the image, then edited a normal windows iso by removing that standard wim file and adding this wim file. All is working(gives me a popup to login with my mycrosoft account but thats fine) but after that i get this popup
No. There is no way to automate a MS Account logon, whether you use NTLite or not. MS deliberately has not supported this feature because the actual credentials must be transferred in a captive web session.

If you're reinstalling to a previously activated system, Windows will detect this and re-activate using a digital license. The linked MS Account is only required if you're migrating to a total new PC, which has never been activated with this license.

Use "reg /f" to force the change, without needing user approval.

Back