[Solved] False report - W10 Home 1909 x64 18363.535 - Installation hangs on phase 2

martan

Installation hangs in the second stage (phase 2) on the "Preparing" screen.
When I hard reset the virtual machine it will say something like:
"The computer was reset unexpectedly or an unexpected error has occurred. Installation of Windows cannot continue. If you want to install the system press the OK button to restart the computer and start the installation again" (I tried to translate the localized message).

The logs are from VirtualBox installation but same happens on a physical machine where I'm trying to do a clean install.

//I replaced my ProductKey with 'xxx' string in the attached files...

Thanks for help.

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    60.9 KB
  • setuperr.log
    135 bytes
  • cbs_unattend.log
    41.9 KB
  • cbs.log
    43.6 KB
  • setupact.log
    220.7 KB
  • !All_Tweakss.reg
    23.3 KB
martan, thx for the report, will try tomorrow and report back.
From a glance, dangerous areas are feature on demand disabling, and REG file tweaks, make sure that no services are disabled in your file while debugging.
Or you can just wait for my results.

Hi nuhi - additional info below and I also attached the integrated .reg file.

What I've tried - but didn't work:
- Removed processing the additional images (boot.wim)
- Reset any feature removal (both normal and on demand)
- The REG file worked fine on my previous NTLite installation
- Removed the post-setup commands

Could there be a problem that I'm using the NTLite on installation which was already NTLite-d? It's a insider build W10Pro x64 10.0.19033.1

Hi martan,

I tried everything but cannot make it fail.
Used your preset, added only the .NET CU and it works fine.

Only difference is that I used the 19037 Insider build.
Also tried to keep the machine online during setup, as that makes a difference, still the same, all good.

Let me know if you try a newer Windows build, or stable ones like 1909, and how it goes.

Try it also in VMWare player, instead of Virtual Box, to check that as well, I used VMWare.

nuhi OK it was a false report.
On the machine it just took longer, a lot. It's and old NTB.
On the virtual: I didn't configure it - I forgot - it was running on just one CPU core - so it was painfully slow and it doesn't even fall under the minimum requirements as well I guess.

Back