Some problems with graphics and audio...

MC_MuHyeon

After some components removal and tweaks on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 Korean (it's not an N version), I've not been able to play video files properly-every time I try to play them with either Media Classic Player (both HC and BE) or DaumPotPlayer, the video plays slowly, freezes, plays slowly again, freezes again for some time...and this thing continues. I don't have these problems when I use VLC player, so I am currently using it. There are some other similar problems associated with graphics and audio-I can successfully install Runescape and play it, but the background music cannot be played. I also was able to play War Thunder with minimum graphics settings on my laptop (40~60 fps) but I get something like 2~7 fps in a modified OS. Could there be any solution to these problems? Thank you for your reading.

Sincerely, MC_MuHyeon

P.S. Attached to this post is the session that I've used for my modifications.

Attachments

• Auto-saved session {4D2E4159-68FF-49BF-B669-AD71887836B1}.xml
    52.1 KB
After some components removal and tweaks on Windows 10 LTSB 2016 Korean (it's not an N version), I've not been able to play video files properly-every time I try to play them with either Media Classic Player (both HC and BE) or DaumPotPlayer, the video plays slowly, freezes, plays slowly again, freezes again for some time...and this thing continues. I don't have these problems when I use VLC player, so I am currently using it.

Hi MC_MuHyeon

Have you tried to keep "Video Compression Manager (VCM) codecs" (and possibly "Intel indeo codecs")?

Check the Multimedia components and take a look what else could affect, but possibly is the compression related codecs.

@MC_MuHyeon, hm, other than EVR, DWM and VFW components, all which you didn't remove, nothing should touch the video playback.
I have a few ideas to check:
- your GPU driver and player output selected
- your soundcard driver and player output selected
make sure to have previously working drivers version for both, and the player itself, to not debug in the wrong place.

- did you try EVR video output in MPC?
- did you try Direct Sound sound output in MPC?
- make sure you didn't disable or tweaked something outside of the tool, I can't cover all possibilities

Hi MC_MuHyeon

Have you tried to keep "Video Compression Manager (VCM) codecs" (and possibly "Intel indeo codecs")?

Check the Multimedia components and take a look what else could affect, but possibly is the compression related codecs.
@MC_MuHyeon, hm, other than EVR, DWM and VFW components, all which you didn't remove, nothing should touch the video playback.
I have a few ideas to check:
- your GPU driver and player output selected
- your soundcard driver and player output selected
make sure to have previously working drivers version for both, and the player itself, to not debug in the wrong place.

- did you try EVR video output in MPC?
- did you try Direct Sound sound output in MPC?
- make sure you didn't disable or tweaked something outside of the tool, I can't cover all possibilities

Thank you for your answers. I haven't tried your suggestions yet but will give them a go and see what happens.

Back