Use only latest CLR (.NET version) in Settings not working

AeonX

Only works if applied on host OS. In an offline image after applying the registry entries do not exist.

I am using Enterprise edition and en-us_windows_10_business_editions_version_21h1_updated_sep_2021_x64_dvd_56628c48.iso

But I don't think that makes a difference. Entries that should be created in the registry are not created by NTLite if you mount an offline install.wim image. On the host it creates, I used RegFromApp and found that NTLite creates this:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework]
"OnlyUseLatestCLR"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\.NETFramework]
"OnlyUseLatestCLR"=dword:00000001

So I saved it to a .reg and integrated it as a workaround for the problem.

interesting i never would figure it out because i promised myself to never use it again since i breaks lots of softwares/games i used

interesting i never would figure it out because i promised myself to never use it again since i breaks lots of softwares/games i used
I had problems with just one program but I don't remember what it was, but I don't use it anymore. I think this gives a problem with some Intel video driver installations but I can't test this. Anyway I use Snappy Driver Origin to install drivers.

Very old versions of Sony Sound Forge and Sony Vegas require .net 3.5 to install, I think setup should look for .net 3.5 files and when it doesn't find it complains.

Very old versions of Sony Sound Forge and Sony Vegas require .net 3.5 to install, I think setup should look for .net 3.5 files and when it doesn't find it complains.
cant remember about vegas but sound forge setup correct on the last sony build - SonySoundForgePro-11.0-Build299 before magix take it over. i always enable net3.5 incase. CD Architect needs net2.0, cant remember about DVD Architect.

Last edited:
cant remember about vegas but sound forge correct on the last sony build - SonySoundForgePro-11.0-Build299 before magix take it over. i always enable net3.5 incase. i have got the last sony builds of sound forge pro and vegas pro.
I completely forgot that magix bought the sony programs. But I think Sound Forge 11 still uses .net 3.5. I used Sound Forge 9 because it was lighter. But I plan to test newer versions.

My problem with .net 3.5 is that I like to remove the Component Store (WinSxS) so I install Windows in audit mode to finish the pending operations and install .net 3.5 correctly, then capture the image to an install.wim and load that into NTLite. I don't know if I remove the Component Store without doing this whole process if .NET 3.5 is installed correctly, I created a thread asking about it but got no answer. When in doubt I keep doing it that way.

But doing this has brought me some problems. One of them is in this topic:
https://www.ntlite.com/community/index.php?threads/waas-assessment-access-is-denied.2179/

And always on the first boot after installing Windows a routine starts in the background creating the .net cache. This should only be created when the pc is idle. This using 21H1. I don't know if this happens in older builds, but the first one I saw this happen was in 21H1.

So I decided to try this tweak and update the programs that need .net 3.5 to install or that don't work well with the tweak.

all is not lost, audacity and ffmpeg convert ac3 and vob files to wav etc, wav2ac3.

Last edited:
I didn't know magix until she bought the sony programs. Honestly I would rather they stay with sony.

all is not lost, audacity annd ffmpeg handle ac3 and vob files, wav2ac3.
I don't like audacity, the way it handles files is weird, I don't remember exactly how but I used very little and I didn't like it anymore. But you can get by with him. I don't know of any other practical and easy to use 2-track audio like Sound Forge.

SF aint the best audio editor but i prefer its ac3 and vob handling.
REAPER is the best and easiest waveform editor in my book, Audacity does somethings better than REAPER.
give Wavosaur a try.

Audacity is the easiest for levelling and limiting/clipping, it has built in stuff and is very quick.

Last edited:
I don't like audacity, the way it handles files is weird, I don't remember exactly how.
ui locks up on file import and it processes any file offline before export. REAPER can process online and offline. i use both :) regularly.
its 64bit at long last :D

And always on the first boot after installing Windows a routine starts in the background creating the .net cache. This should only be created when the pc is idle. This using 21H1. I don't know if this happens in older builds, but the first one I saw this happen was in 21H1.

Pause it, or wait for synchronous completion. The pause will last until the next scheduled task run. My experience is if you install too many .NET packages or apps, Ngen fires even if it's not "idle".

"%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" queue pause
"%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" queue pause

"%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems
"%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe" executeQueuedItems

Back