[W11] Can you delete third-party apps in the Start menu?

DMD61

Good morning.
I ask if you can delete third-party apps in the Start menu and also the Windows app on basic information.
Thank you very much

Screenshot-001-ver001.png

ntlite will be updated for default 3rd party apps in the startmenu, after that we can remove them...

If it's modern app, installed from Windows Store, it's supported to be completely removed, including the start menu entry.
Load C:\Windows with NTLite and see under Components what it supports.

Win32/Native apps are not supported, use Control panel - Programs to remove those :)

Removing only shortcuts is not supported in any case.

I thought you could eliminate in the preparation of the ISO.
A you mean Windows is installing all those apps without your concent?
In that case check the loaded image Settings page and disable:
"Automatic installation of sponsored apps (Consumer Experience)"
"Automatically install suggested apps"
"Pre-installed apps"

right now the apps cannot be removed. they are not really apps tho. they may be links that is going to be downloaded and installed when you click them. i reported this to nuhi via private message too..

Good morning.
Today I tried to carry out another test with NTLite 2.3.0.8396 and W11 B22000.298 Some apps I can't remove them.

Screenshot-002.png

In particular teams, even with the direct powershell command.

Screenshot-001.png

look at main post, at the bottom u will find tools to remove teams or widgets. also to remove other sponsored apps you need to replace start.bin to empty one or remove content delivery manager component.

Don't use the -PackageTypeFilter
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -PackageTypeFilter Bundle -Name "*Teams*" | Select Name
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers -Name "*Teams*" | Select Name

Name
----
MicrosoftTeams

right now the apps cannot be removed. they are not really apps tho. they may be links that is going to be downloaded and installed when you click them. i reported this to nuhi via private message too..
hello, is this problem solved? How can I remove click downloaded apps?
I'm waiting for your help. thank you.

you can remove content delivery component if you want them removed. or you can insert a blank start.bin file to your custom iso

you can remove content delivery component if you want them removed. or you can insert a blank start.bin file to your custom iso
I don't want apps to appear in the start menu. Does it work if start.bin or content delivery is disabled?

use msmg toolkit :- bin/xml/ directory defaultlayouts plus 2 more files & put them inside users/default/*/*/shell.
no any start menu live tile will be shown after installation for win11.
this way apps are not removed but only there tiles in start menu ie shortcuts.
tested working at my side flawlessly.

I don't want apps to appear in the start menu. Does it work if start.bin or content delivery is disabled?
thats why i answered to your question and now u asked same thing.

use msmg toolkit :- bin/xml/ directory defaultlayouts plus 2 more files & put them inside users/default/*/*/shell.
no any start menu live tile will be shown after installation for win11.
this way apps are not removed but only there tiles in start menu ie shortcuts.
tested working at my side flawlessly.
he is asking for "click downloaded apps" so they are not installed in the system.

For a normal user, NTLite removal of System Apps -> Content Delivery Manager is enough to block 3rd-party pinned apps.
Get Started can't be permanently removed, because the monthly update re-installs it.

Use forum search to find more posts on Start Menu customized layouts, or unpinning Taskbar apps.
W11 solutions are different from W10, MS made it harder to edit.

Good morning.
With the latest update (W11) kb5011563 these apps reappeared that I had deleted :mad:
Some idea?
Thank you

App-da-eliminare.png

Back