Windows 11: Disabling Microsoft Defender Permanently

All thanks to Windows OS Hub. I just adapted to NTLite procedures.
Tamper Protection can be disabled by reg file, but it must be integrated into the install image so it takes effect on boot time.
After the system boots, you're not allowed to modify Tamper Protection outside of the Security Center UI.

You should start using using this forum's Search feature:
Disable Windows Defender in Windows 11

I'm reading it.

What I wrote it's a different procedure which aims the same result.

Last edited:
The lesson to learn: You don't need to remove or disable every setting, that belongs to a service or feature.

After you learn what are the keys in how a feature works (like the core Defender services that do everything), you can focus on the smallest possible change to fix a problem. Then it's downhill because all the other related settings stop being important.

While disabling extra settings may be harmless, you might end up fooling yourself how something really works. When I discover something, I like to search for similar answers online to confirm if I understood the problem correctly. And don't be afraid to test a different (shorter) answer.

And don't be afraid to test a different (shorter) answer.
For 2 weeks consistently, I've been trying a few possibilities (Shorter) and I didn't find what I wanted. Tamper Protection wasn't staying Disabled at all. However, your method in the other thread seems to be promising and I'll test it - cuz It's based in add one Reg File. Let's see what happens.

Last edited:
Hi Admins and Moderators!

I'm making my own Windows 11 22H3 x64 release and I need your help with one last thing. I believe that it's very easy for you.

Since Tamper Protection feature can't stay Disabled by the conventional ways (Registry Entries, Security Center, Safe Mode, Whatever...), Microsoft Defender always keep activating it self. After a few weeks of researching, I found a way to disable it Permanently.

Disable Microsoft Defender (Windows Defender) in 3 Steps.

Moving on... Open NTLite and Load your install.wim file.

# STEP 1: Remove 4 Windows Defender Scheculed Tasks:

On left panel, go to Remove > Scheduled Tasks > Windows Defender
  • Windows Defender Cache Maintenance - Remove
  • Windows Defender Cleanup - Remove
  • Windows Defender Scheduled Scan - Remove
  • Windows Defender Verification - Remove
Done.

# STEP 2: Disable 1 Setting of Microsoft Defender

On Left Panel, go to Configure > Settings > Window Defender
  • Windows Defender - Disabled
Done.

# STEP 3: Disable 6 Services of Microsoft Defender (Windows Defender):

On left panel, go to Configure > Services
  • Sense - Disabled
  • WdNisSvc - Disabled
  • WinDefend - Disabled
Then, Configure > Extra Services
  • WdBoot - Disabled
  • WdFilter - Disabled
  • WdNisDrv - Disabled
Done.

That's it! Microsoft Defender is now Permanently Disabled.

All thanks to Windows OS Hub. I only adapted the method to NTLite procedures.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be nice if Someone could, please...

NTLite can only Remove Scheduled Talks of Windows Defender. The option Disable is not available. This is just little detail. It doesn't affect the process in absolutely nothing. As the title suggests, it just a Polishment. So, please, if someone know how to Write Each Registry Entries so we can Disable Defender Tasks... Share with us.

Thanks!
Hello.. Can you share NTLITE preset file?

Back