windows update

1. L

Manual-ising Windows Update

I found a tons of instructions on how to disable windows automatic updates, but not a lot on how to make them work similar to how XP and Windows 7 "Manual update" option. Ideally no service or function would be disabled (as Store apps and Driver installation depend on Windows Update services)...
  2. N

Downsides of removing Windows Update pre-install?

Hi. I'm debating the pros and cons of removing windows update from my installation media before it's a live/installed image. Either that, or leaving it in but trying to make it truly manual-update only. What are the potential downsides of not having Windows Update at all? Only thing I can think...
  3. C

How to re-authorize a new target version in WindowsUpdate?

I have set the target version of Windows Update to 21H2 using NTLite in an image deployed on many computers. I would now like to authorize the upgrade to version 22H2. In the registry I see this: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate] "ProductVersion"="Windows 10"...
  4. G

Can't install Cumulative updates on Win11 22H2 (Error 0x800f081f)

Hi all, I am unable to install cumulative updates on Windows 11 22H2 using an ISO that I built with NTLite. It is not extremely debloated, I only removed some Windows apps that I never use and some components, but I did remove Edge in case that's causing a problem. Every time I try to install...
  5. N

What you need to disable Windows updates?

Good afternoon, can anyone tell me which services or tasks are related to Windows updates? I.e., what does it take to disable Windows updates? In my search I came across this (Services): Delivery Optimisation - \DoSvc Microsoft Store Installtion Service...
  6. SM03

Windows Update Error: We couldn't complete the updates, Undoing changes

Hi, Am facing this issue lately in all of my system where I installed Win10 Pro 19043.964 NTLited ISO lately. Now that the latest windows LCU KB5003173 released this month May 2021, all of my systems are failing to update it. Showing this error at the end in post screen we couldn't complete...
  7. T

[W7] Installing Windows Management Framework 3 or Newer Without Windows Update Component

I am in a predicament where I am trying to trim down a Windows 7 image, partially by removing Windows Update. The problem arises that one of the critical applications I need requires TLS 1.2 via PowerShell 3 (or newer) and .NET 4.5 (or newer). Windows 7 comes with PowerShell 2 by default, and...
  8. 3

NTLite - Removing Windows Update Feature (1909 Build)

Hi, I need advice in regards to removing Windows Update Feature. As we know, Windows 10 updates itself how it pleases even when registry and Group Policy settings are in place. I'm in the favour of removing Windows Update Feature so that Windows 10 doesn't install any updates whatsoever. So...
  9. P

Windows 8.1 Bug 1.8.0.6996 and 1.9.0.6996

Windows 8.1 Bug 1.8.0.6996 and 1.9.0.6996 (together). OS: Windows 8.1 Pro (U3) x64 - Client 6.3.9600.17415 Preparing the installation "*.iso". (Google Translate. Sorry for the language.) Subject 1: Older versions are error free (1.8.0.6703). New versions gives an error. "Windows Component...
  10. NoTRite

Driver Updating issue

Hi guys, I wanted to let Windows Update find the drivers for my system, and then let me choose whether to install them. So, I tried setting "Update device drivers" to "Always" and then set "Updates" to "Download updates but let me choose whether to install them". Unfortunately, it didn't work...
Back