AutoLogger tracing

Nekonaro

Greetings all. I have a question about the AutoLogger settings. Which ones won't cause errors in the system, does anyone know? I searched for information about it, but didn't find much. What is NetCore?

My settings are at the bottom
AutoLogger setting.PNG

Attachments

• AutoLogger.xml
    4.9 KB
Basic answer is its part of .Net framework. Should be safe to disable.
As with all removals and tweaks it should be thoroughly tested before deploying.

Basic answer is its part of .Net framework. Should be safe to disable.
As with all removals and tweaks it should be thoroughly tested before deploying.
Thanks for the answer Clanger. Can you please explain the other parameters? What is UBPM, ReadyBoot, Circular Kernel Context Logger?

UBPM - Unified Background Process Manager (UBPM) scheduling engine
ReadyBoot - disk caching software component
Circular Kernel Context Logger - Dont know, might have some relation to SuperFetch. Although kernel says it might be part of the Windows Kernel.
If there are no notes next to any component or tweak it usually means that there are no known issues when removing or disabling.

In 20 years of computing as your basic home user ive never had anything to do with log files, only ntlites log files when error reporting.
Same with trace and event logging. You'd be shocked at how much logging does in a session, ccleaner with winapp2 and 3 will show you how much.

Last edited:
All or most can be disabled without real effect, except EventLog-Application/Security/System (those are very critical)

if you have Intel CPU/TPM, it's best to leave the relavent loggers enabled (iclsClient, iclsProxy, IntelPTTEKRecertification, SocketHeciServer, TPMProvisioningService)

Circular Kernel Context Logger - Dont know, might have some relation to SuperFetch. Although kernel says it might be part of the Windows Kernel.
I also found references to the connection of this setting with SuperFetch (conclusion based on the errors of other users)

Each & every autologger can be disabled in offline image either install or boot wim as well as current installed state.

Circular Kernel Context Logger is a ring buffer for storing the most recent system events. Ring buffers are circular, meaning as new events fill up the queue, kernel throws away the oldest to make room. They don't overflow and take up a fixed amount of memory. But ring buffers can easily get spammed by error-causing apps or services.

SuperFetch and other services take advantage of CKCL to gather usage data. If you recall, SuperFetch pre-loads the most used apps into memory and has to "learn" this from somewhere.

Sorry there isn't a guide of what app/service X requires Y event logs. A lot of this is trial & error.

Back