Can NTLite extract license key from BIOS?

ec96joan

For instance in unattended.. Would make it easier if you use the image to reinstall OEM computers with Win8/10 keys in UEFI.

That is not necessary, Windows setup reads the key. Make sure to read the options in Unattended tab.

What i have found interesting, over 10 days ago, i installed win 10 home x64 without a key in a laptop which doesn't include the BIOS/UEFI OEM key and it was auto activated online without doing anything else. I do not add keys to Win 10 unattended.

In your case it might have recognized windows being installed earlier. (activated with digital license)
That happens when I reinstall.
However...When I do clean installs (on a comp that hasn't been activated with BIOS key before) it never seems to read the BIOS key.
I have to manually extract it and enter it.

Yes..I did read the options in unattend section. It seems to suggest to use a [KEY] command in setup product key section. (If you read the activation product key help)
Should I type [KEY] in that slot?

there is a software like 1-2mb... from nirsoft website. it can find the license in your machine. including what you need. search for it

there is a software like 1-2mb... from nirsoft website. it can find the license in your machine. including what you need. search for it
Are you referring to Produkey? I doubt that automatically uses the UEFI key to activate.

My scenario isn't to dig up a UEFI key..already got plenty of tools for that.
Lets say I have 5 computers to reinstall..and instead of manually extracting the key on every computer, I can just have the installation extract key and activate.
Now that I think about it...maybe a command in SetupComplete.cmd?

here you go buddy let me know if there is any problem.

@echo off
SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion
set count=0
for /F "delims=" %%a in ('wmic path softwarelicensingservice get oa3xoriginalproductkey') do (
set key=%%a
set /a count=!count! + 1
if !count! GTR 1 goto Exit
)
:Exit
echo Key=%key%

cscript //NoLogo //B %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ipk %key%
cscript //NoLogo //B %windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs /ato

Back