Missing MS Office compatibility preset

NoTRite

Hi nuhi

The attached preset includes "Microsoft Office Compatibility", yet after running it on Windows 1809 LTSC I cannot use OneNote 2016.

What happens:

OneNote installs successfully, but whenever I try to open the app I get the following message:

There is no "Desktop Experience" feature in Windows Features.

Expected Behavior:

OneNote should open & run.

To Replicate:

1: Run the attached preset on Windows 1809 LTSC

2: Run the SetupOneNoteRetail.x64.en-us.exe installer for OneNote 2016

3: Install and attempt to run OneNote

Hi nuhi

The attached preset includes "Microsoft Office Compatibility", yet after running it on Windows 1809 LTSC I cannot use OneNote 2016.

What happens:

OneNote installs successfully, but whenever I try to open the app I get the following message:

View attachment 1755

There is no "Desktop Experience" feature in Windows Features.

Expected Behavior:

OneNote should open & run.

To Replicate:

1: Run the attached preset on Windows 1809 LTSC

2: Run the SetupOneNoteRetail.x64.en-us.exe installer for OneNote 2016

3: Install and attempt to run OneNote

Don't remove TabletPC and the InputApp.

Last edited:
Ok, found it lol

That worked, thank you! :D

nuhi can we get InputApp and TabletPC added to MSOffice compatibility?

Maybe you could add them in a seperate "OneNote compatibility" option under Office compatibility, kind of like how Netflix compatibility is under Windows Store?

Ok, found it lol

That worked, thank you! :D

nuhi can we get InputApp and TabletPC added to MSOffice compatibility?

Maybe you could add them in a seperate "OneNote compatibility" option under Office compatibility, kind of like how Netflix compatibility is under Windows Store?

Have you find a way to remove Internet Explorer without breaking the MMC Extended View and while making sure its files and folders were removed from the Program Files folder?

Last edited:
I take that back, you also need to enable "Internet Explorer - 32 bit" to make the start menu remember your settings lol

Edit: nope, that was something else

Last edited:
I take that back, you also need to enable "Internet Explorer - 32 bit" to make the start menu remember your settings lol
That's not true, at least not generically, I always removed IE 32bit on 1809 and 1903 and start menu is ok.
Will reply further about that in your dedicated topic for the issue, hopefully this time we'll find the cause and it will not miraculously disappear.

That's not true, at least not generically, I always removed IE 32bit on 1809 and 1903 and start menu is ok.
Will reply further about that in your dedicated topic for the issue, hopefully this time we'll find the cause and it will not miraculously disappear.

You're right...

Yesterday I must have made at least 30 VMs and lost track of everything haha
It's all good!

Back