OneDrive is running even if stripped from the image

Fuzzyma

Hey folks!
I stripped as much as I could from my win10 image (especially the annyoing stuff). I also remove OneDrive. However, its still there! It shows in the file explorer (clicking it opens a dialog to set it up) and the process is running, too.

What did I wrong? I unchecked OneDrive at the application tab in NTLite. Anything else to do?

//EDIT: I also disabled OneDrive in the settings

Last edited:
I also remove OneDrive. However, its still there! It shows in the file explorer (clicking it opens a dialog to set it up) and the process is running, too.

What did I wrong? I unchecked OneDrive at the application tab in NTLite. Anything else to do?

OneDrive is installed by Ms Office and other Ms stuff, if you install Windows without any Ms program on OOBE.cmd, Setupcomplete.cmd nor autounattend.xml, you won't see OneDrive.

Can you please elaborate what is OOBE.cmd and Setupcomplete.cmd?
Its a fresh installation which is completely unattended (no programs - only settings). So I did not install any stuff by hand.

Those .cmd run on setup, if you don't know, forget about.
Also, the source should be the original and clean source.

Upload the auto saved preset and i'll check, OneDrive is always removed when it is unchecked with NTLite.

Its only in shown in TweakGroup. I have no idea why OneDrive is not listed in removed components... (that does not seem right)
Guess I will do it all again

One Drive is in Components - Windows Apps. You probably cant remove it because you are running NTLite in Free/Unlicensed mode.

I know its there, and I unchecked it there. I am indeed using a free version of the program. However, OneDrive is not blue. Its removable

You have removed, Microsoft.OneConnect 'OneConnect, not OneDrive.

You have added a lot of drivers and there are some updates that are not for your w10 build number.

Alright it seems I did a few mistakes. But I am sure, that I removed OneDrive (however I could be wrong here, too. I will check that again).
How do I know which updates are for my build number? I thought ntlite would throw an error of any kind when I try to do something like that.

OK I will ask differently: How do you know from the xml file, that the updates dont match?
I cannot find any information about that. Is it just your knowledge, that you know that this or that update does not match?

e.g. this line.

Code:
<Package>D:\win10\pcwWinRebuilder_v4.2\Tools\wsusoffline\client\w100-x64\glb\windows10.0-kb4343892-x64_2041494c7846c9b91d1a9ec6392248f14f4b4472.cab</Package>

Has only the update itself as relevant info which is kb4343892

OK I will ask differently: How do you know from the xml file, that the updates dont match?

Because of the folders your updates are in. I assume WHDownloader has put the updates into the correct folders.
D:\win10\pcwWinRebuilder_v4.2\Tools\WHDownloader\Updates\Windows10-x64\General\14393\Windows10.0-KB4132216-x64.msu - 14393 is build 1607.
D:\win10\pcwWinRebuilder_v4.2\Tools\WHDownloader\Updates\Windows10-x64\General\15063\Windows10.0-KB4132649-x64.msu - 15063 is build 1703.

Your build is 10.0.17134.1 = 1803.

I have got the en-gb version of your iso and i loaded your edition into NTLite v1.7.0.6440.
Usually with windows 10 you only need 3 updates, Servicing Stack, SSU, (which always integrates 1st), Adobe Flash Player update(not needed if you dont use Flash or remove it) and the big Cumulative Update, CU. There may be additional updates listed like Intel Microcode Updates(for spectre/meltdown etc).

The Update Downloader tool is recommending the following updates,
KB4343669 - Servicing Stack Update
KB4343902 - Adobe Flash Player Update
KB4343909 - Cumulative Update
KB4346084 - Intel microcode updates

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Its all trial and error. Tons of trial and lots of error until you get it right. :D

I am concerned about the drivers you have added because you have used a winpe creator tool and a lot of those drivers look like they are for windows 8/8.1 and and for some very old chipsets, Kasual will be able to comment on those better than me. I just make the tea and clean the toilets around here. :D

I downloaded these drivers from the acer homepage. However, lots of drivers are not listed for win10 so I figured (and maybe thats wrong) that I need to use the 8.1 drivers for this purpose. It might go better when i look at the manufactures page for drivers for win 10. Dunno, though...

Code:
<Package>D:\win10\pcwWinRebuilder_v4.2\Tools\wsusoffline\client\w100-x64\glb\windows10.0-kb4343892-x64_2041494c7846c9b91d1a9ec6392248f14f4b4472.cab</Package>

Has only the update itself as relevant info which is kb4343892

kb4343892 is only for Build 1507

Sometimes you can integrate Win 7 drivers to Win 10 but if there are Windows 10 drivers, is better to get these and integrate to Win 10.

I'm working with Win 7, my preferred choice.

Sometimes you can integrate Win 7 drivers to Win 10 but if there are Windows 10 drivers, is better to get these and integrate to Win 10.

I'm working with Win 7, my preferred choice.

Jeah - I like win7 way more than win10. But there are features (well - ONE feature - the bash) which I cant ignore and its time to move on.
Are win7 drivers better than win8.1? I thought 8.1 would be a better fit when no win10 drivers are available

Are win7 drivers better than win8.1? I thought 8.1 would be a better fit when no win10 drivers are available
I forgot about 8.1, as i never used but you can use the Windows 8 drivers, a long time ago i used some XP drivers in Windows 7, can't remember the device.

Unless you are an uber geek i wouldnt mix and match drivers and deffo wouldnt try modding inf files. Only integrate chipset/usb/ahci/nvm-e drivers, display drivers can be 500mb, keep those outside of the wims but add them to the install media if you have space.

Fuzzy, are you building a sooper dooper iso with drivers for multiple machines or 1 machine only?

Last edited:
Back