Questions about Debloating Windows with NTLite

Nekonaro

Hi all! I have a question related to the function "Use only latest CLR (.NET version)" (Setting --> Application Compatibility --> enable Use only latest CLR (.NET version)). If I enable it, can I remove ".NET Framework 2.0., 3.0 and 3.5" and ".NET Framework 4.7"? (System --> .NET Framework core) (After installing the system, I plan to manually install the .NET Framework 4.8). Will all applications work properly? Or is it better not to remove anything from the .NET Framework?

I would also like to remove Edge Chromium and Edge Legacy with all their dependencies, what features should I disable to do this? Because it seems to me that just disabling "Microsoft Edge Legacy" (Windows Apps --> Apps --> Microsoft Edge (Legacy)) and "Microsoft Edge Update" with "Microsoft Edge Chromium" (look for these features on the Network) is not enough to remove all their features.

Another question about Internet Explorer, if I want to get rid of it, is it enough to disable it? (Feature --> uncheck Internet Explorer 11) Or should I remove it? (Just as far as I know some programs use Internet Explorer to check their updates)

I use windows v10.0.19043.1288 iso and NTLite v2.3.1.8454

Thanks to everyone who decides to help!
(And sorry for my English, I am not a native speaker)

Last edited:
.Nets.
on very rare occasions "use latest clr" will not work, a program might insist on a specific net version, 2, 3.5 or 4.8 etc. sometimes, extremely rarerly an installer will fail if a specific net version isnt installed. Sony Sound Forge will not install if net 3.5 is not installed and enabled.

most of the time "use latest clr" does work.

Back