Unable to Join Domain

krispk

After creating an image and installing, the system is unable to join the domain. It shows the following error:

"An error occurred attempting to join the domain: The specified service is not an installed service."

As you might imagine, the missing service is not actually specified. The Error Logs indicate that the source of the error is NetJoin, Event ID 4097, "The machine attempted to join the domain but failed. The error code was 1060."

I need help identifying it so I can make sure to include it in the image. Thanks.

As you might imagine, the missing service is not actually specified.
From additional googling, I've found that the likely culprit here is the netlogon service. However, I've loaded my image back into NTLite, and I can't see it listed *anywhere*.

Is there a component I could have removed that includes the netlogon service?

From additional googling, I've found that the likely culprit here is the netlogon service. However, I've loaded my image back into NTLite, and I can't see it listed *anywhere*.

Is there a component I could have removed that includes the netlogon service?
Yes, there is the Netlogon component, there are also Active Directory components.
As Kasual mentioned, we need a preset if it's not obvious which component by now.
Of course edit/replace passwords and names from it, or send it to support email to be on the safe side.

Thanks.

Thanks. After narrowing it down to the netlogon component, which I didn't remember excluding, I made sure to include it on my next attempt, and it was able to join no problem.

Back