What are these new Settings (Scheduled Tasks)

Right after OOBE, Windows Update will run several tasks in the background to install optional MS apps. These apps are from other MS divisions, which means they're not included in the install image, and must be downloaded.

To prevent the app's installation, delete the task. Some apps or updates are more easily identified:
- install DevHome App​
- install Edge Updater (which force installs Edge if you've removed it from the image)​
- update any installed Language Experience Packs (LXP), not to be confused with normal Language Packs​
- install new Outlook client​

I would only change the three you have selected (DevHome, EdgeUpdate, OutlookUpdate). The other tasks are for Windows overhead.

Right after OOBE, Windows Update will run several tasks in the background to install optional MS apps. These apps are from other MS divisions, which means they're not included in the install image, and must be downloaded.

To prevent the app's installation, delete the task. Some apps or updates are more easily identified:
- install DevHome App​
- install Edge Updater (which force installs Edge if you've removed it from the image)​
- update any installed Language Experience Packs (LXP), not to be confused with normal Language Packs​
- install new Outlook client​

I would only change the three you have selected (DevHome, EdgeUpdate, OutlookUpdate). The other tasks are for Windows overhead.

Thanks....but wouldn't it be better if I delete all of them? I'm trying to build a system focused on pure gaming

AsadAlrafidain Try it and find out the the best and quickest way. One task is related ctfmon, disable and no typing into windows settings boxes. You might end up having to manually disable some post setup which isnt a problem.
You could also do the same with autologgers and event logs.

You are always better off bareboning services tasks autologgers event logs and gawd knows what else post setup after all your software and drivers are installed.

Last edited:
AsadAlrafidain Try it and find out the the best and quickest way. One task is related ctfmon, disable and no typing into windows settings boxes. You might end up having to manually disable some post setup which isnt a problem.
You could also do the same with autologgers and event logs.

You are always better off bareboning services tasks autologgers event logs and gawd knows what else post setup after all your software and drivers are installed.
Thanks

Back