I don't recall any reports about ongoing issues with online removal, what is yours?Online removal never fails to piss me off.
The other part of your message in the subject line, "trying to change standard application", what does that mean exactly?
A screenshot of the location where to trigger the crash might be simplest.
Aha, ok, much more clear now, will test and get back to you by tomorrow (sunday now, kinda just reading reports and taking it easy).
TwinUI taking those default app places is probably OpenWith prompt, meaning same like "choose a default", but if it's not properly prompting then we have an issue.
Will know more once I try it, thanks.
You could try Host Refresh to save time reinstalling, hopefully it would not migrate the same issue.Ok, I'll just reinstall my windows now then, because I'm not sticking with this for any longer, hope you can find out what caused this, to prevent future problems with this.
My google has suggested this is something with Corrupted registry though, could be a flaw with big online removals, idk.
I tried the exact same preset but on ISO and reinstalled, problem did not appear again; how ever search is broken in both, and pressing start on both had a delay with when start menu appear. Only difference between the two was the first one I download and installed all updates BEFORE I removed components.You could try Host Refresh to save time reinstalling, hopefully it would not migrate the same issue.
Online removals are fine, I use them all the time for testing. It doesn't care if it's a big or small removal, this could be a newly found dependency/issue/1903 change.
If anything, online removals showed many times less issues than an offline one, reason being that image needs extra files for deploying certain features during Windows setup, while online already has that deployed so can go deeper. Those components are locked as live-only, and many are part of the OOBE compatibility.
On a Sunday, after being assured it will be checked on.Spent the better part of 10 hours trying to get a barely lite version of windows, but I get more problems than the program solves.
Can’t even get into the fucking application settings, it crashes/closes.
Well, I kind of need my operating system, to use the internet and other things, so I'm kind of forced to fix it myself in some way or another, this just happened to have bugs every single try, different ones but always consistently unusable.On a Sunday, after being assured it will be checked on.
If there is a next time, make sure not to debug it yourself, just report the issue with a preset, and rest - potentially answering a few questions.
When ever Search Bar is broken, the Start Menu is also broken(slow to start). That's all I know about that. Apparently the settings crashing is also fixed by itself after a while, but also comes back, so it's never fixed permanently by itself. Then when I got it up and running, everything was fine I couldn't even get into the application settings, I got some error I don't remember and didn't bother writing down.Slow start menu, is that on online or offline removal with the same preset?
It's not the same, he can open search. Clicking Search doesn't open the search at all, it's like its not there but it still acts like it's there by getting that "color change" when you hover above it.
Thanks for the tip, will review and implement.A fix for the start menu things are, I'm not sure how you'd incorporate this into the program is to go to "%LocalAppdata%\Packages" and locate Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_XXXX or Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_XXXX, and go into the folder TempState and delete the content, then just restart the "StartMenuExperienceHost.exe" or "ShellExperienceHost.exe" process. I'm just guessing, but I think the difference in what the process is called and the place the files you need to delete is located depends on the Windows version, as that's the difference between my Daily Driver and my VM. You'd have to test it for yourself.
I'm not sure if you read my entire comment, but problem isn't that the shortcuts exists, but that they are cached and a reboot doesn't seem to remove them from cache. I already posted a fix that I've used that works.