WhatsApp broken - Windows 11 Home N

Sylvester20007

Hello All

I have recently been testing the NTLite with W11. All goes well until I try to install WhatsApp app from Microsoft Store.

I at first thought that my problem was I was removing an important component. So I dialed back some items and reinstalled Windows again, but same problem.

I then Installed W11 using the ISO I had downloaded from Microsoft website, all works fine.

I have extracted and built a new working folder for each attempt to ensure I am not missing or using a damaged set of install files but still the same problem.

After 6 or so attempts to figure it out what was wrong, I decided to load the fresh iso into NTLite and not make any changes to the ISO and simply exported a single installer of Windows HomeN from the ISO, no changes, no additional data added or removed, just a single OS version. It still fails to run whatsapp.

Event logs for applications gives this failure.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faulting application name: WhatsApp.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63da30ba
Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.22621.521, time stamp: 0xb075f736
Exception code: 0xc000027b
Fault offset: 0x00000000004a9ae7
Faulting process ID: 0x0x1AF4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D936D494E58BC2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\5319275A.WhatsAppDesktop_2.2303.2.0_x64__cv1g1gvanyjgm\WhatsApp.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
Report ID: f06b6f31-dccd-42c4-80d9-75a7be38e1f3
Faulting package full name: 5319275A.WhatsAppDesktop_2.2303.2.0_x64__cv1g1gvanyjgm
Faulting package-relative application ID: App
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that even touching the W11 ISO with this program breaks something without changing any windows settings.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this?

I have attached the NTLite.log file for additional help.

Many thanks to anyone who can give me a clue.

MfG
Jay

Attachments

• NTLite.log
    59.1 KB
the windows 11 version you used, waas it an N version or not ?
the N version doesnt have media player which i think is needed for whatsapp.

A
so from what i have read on another forum, some people have had whatsapp install issues because they have TPM turned on in the bios....... maybe giving that a shot could work. I'm not sure how it should stop an app from working but .....

Normally, if your NTLite run finished without error -- we don't need the NTLite.log. The preset is better, since it has details about your actual edits.

A

so from what i have read on another forum, some people have had whatsapp install issues because they have TPM turned on in the bios....... maybe giving that a shot could work. I'm not sure how it should stop an app from working but .....
Interesting, but as the TPM settings have not been changed between installation attempts between untouched iso and ntlite compiled iso, I think this might not be relevant in this case.

Thank you for your thoughts it is always appreciated.

Last edited:
Normally, if your NTLite session wrote the ISO without error -- we don't need the NTLite.log. The preset is preferred, since it has actual details about your image edits.
Thank you. I will attempt install with non N version first, if it still fails, I will pay preset too. Many thanks for the guidance.

You are correct sir. Windows Home N lacks more than just media player and it is the reason WhatsApp didn't work. All is fine now that I use non N version.

That was very unexpected.

Thanks to all who commented, together we are stronger!

Back