Thanks for the templates mate. I used your 1809 LTSC NTLite (Absolutely Minimal) template but can you explain why you kept what's below?All these work great and are all pretty much minimal.
Well, some for personal reasons, simply because I need them. others to keep stuff from breakingThanks for the templates mate. I used your 1809 LTSC NTLite (Absolutely Minimal) template but can you explain why you kept what's below?
1- Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP)
2- File Sharing Support (with all of its components)
3- Internet connection sharing (considering I don't use hyper-v or any virtual machines)
4- Internet Protocol Helper (IPHelper)
5- Wired Autoconfig (Under NDIS User Mode IO driver)
7- Radio Management and Airplane Mode Service
8- Web Services on Devices API (WSDAPI)
9- Windows Firewall (NOT Firewall Service) - Is it ok to remove if you use a 3rd party firewall which depends on windows filtering platform?
Remoting and Privacy
10- Device Management Enrollment Service (with subcomponent Device Management)
11- File Server Resource Manager
12- IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules (with subcomponent IPsec policy agent)
13- NDIS Packet Capturing (NDISCAP)
14- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
I'm wondering about what would go wrong if I remove them...
great builds , i used "1809 LTSC NTLite (Absolutely Minimal)" and just adding vpn compatibility from compatibility tabs breaks it, runs great without any changes thoughSorry not been around much as I'm pretty much done optimizing my builds, if you guys need my updated gaming optimized XML's, they are all tested here and work (Even use them in multiboot setup)
These are pretty much my 'final' builds on any of these windows versions, although I tend to stick with Windows 10 now as it does give major benefits in the whole WDDM video driver stack, and everything is in general way better.
1. You'll have to redo the Administrator account with password as i took that info out of the XML, change PC name to whatever you want.
2. Check inside XML Which NTlite was used in case of incompatibilities, also check hardware support which can/might differ with your build hardware.
3. I included a pack of reg files which were used with most of these builds. Manually add them if you require/want them.
Be sure that you need them, and read up on what they do if you don't know.
4. Not giving any support for these builds, and if they dont work out of the box its most likely a driver missing or some weird difference in hardware.
5. LTSC: If you dont want any part of GameDVR/Full Screen Optimization/Game Mode, take out Xbox components.
6. Some of this (including reg files) include personal preference parts, so not guaranteed optimal for your needs.
All these work great and are all pretty much minimal.
What command can reduce the occupied space on drive C? Which setting is responsible for displaying notifications?NTLite: NTLite Beta 22.214.171.12450
Comment: I apply profile against above ISO, and integrated latest Security Cumulative of Windows and NET3/4 before i did.
I hope this profile might be of any use to someone.
View attachment 1325
while i am also newHow would one go about installing this .xml?
I understand that install.wim is needed, but I'm fairly new to this side of tweaking windows and would appreciate some guidance. Thank you!