Add unsigned drivers to image

Clanger

Staff member
I have 2 unsigned drivers i need to add to windows 7. Remembering abbodi86 s help here i have exported their certificates(once installed). I was able to find 1 driver certificate in the registry.

Adding the driver/registry file is easy, adding the certificates is another matter because i dont know if drivers are installed before setupcomplete.cmd(where i would put the certificate install code) runs. I can install both certificates before the EOL image is captured, i just need to know my best course of action.

Out of interest the drivers are for,
Lexicon Alpha USB audio interface(Harman International) and
acpi driver(from win-raid, Riolin Ltd).

Last edited:
NTLite already can add them, but setup on x64 can hang on them. If it happends it's needed to edit BCD and enable testing mode.
Just remember it's needed in all BCD file you can find. On ISO and in boot.wim + winre.wim + install.wim to be sure it will work in all cases.

On running system is needed this command
Code:
bcdedit /set testsigning on

On ISO
Code:
bcdedit /store "%ISO%\boot\bcd" /set {default} testsigning on
bcdedit /store "%ISO%\efi\microsoft\boot\bcd" /set {default} testsigning on

In WIMs
Code:
bcdedit /store "%IMAGE%\Windows\Boot\DVD\PCAT\bcd" /set {default} testsigning on
bcdedit /store "%IMAGE%\Windows\Boot\DVD\EFI\bcd" /set {default} testsigning on

And just for sure search in mounted WIMs for BCD to be sure you edited all of them

Last edited:
oof, ok. i think bcd commands are only needed in 8/8.1/10 for the Alpha(which i couldnt find in the registry) and is optional anyway, i can do the certificate and installer later. its the acpi driver i need to slipstream.

Back