Edge (Chromium) can't be removed

Edge is protected by Compatibility mode. Click on the Compatibility icon (top left), and uncheck Recommended.

Turning off Recommended will allow you to remove more items, but be careful.
Look in the Extra Info column (right side), for notes about other features requiring a specific component.

Hi, i know this but all (near all) components and others stuff is locked-out, so for have all unlocked, need purchase a license (i don t find Windows Defender Antivirus for disable them)..
P.S.: the edge chromium early write, isn't in blue text but red, however i don t find this setting... and not have also a 'recommended' from compatibility's section..

Last edited:
What version are you using? Download the latest build.
Yes, i have latest build .8850 (i see also an early version before this, and not present too)... my question is this: all components etc locked-out (with flag red, yellow, blue etc) is locked because i have free license?? With Home license, is ALL unlocked???
P.S: exist an alpha or beta version?? i'm interested to be an alpha and beta tester...

Last edited:
License unlocks all features, beta versions still requires a license to use locked features.

Free edition allows you to integrate Windows updates (KB files which you downloaded), remove a few components, manually fill Unattended settings, change some System Settings, and create Post-Setup install tasks. For basic work, it's enough to make updated images.

NTLite is not free for the advanced features, figure out if it's worth your time. If not, your questions have been answered.

Ok, i understood this. One more question, with Home license, does it unlock the option to disable Windows Defender Antivirus/Spyware or this option is not available? I would like to install another antivirus instead of Defender Antivirus, that's why I want to disable it, at least it doesn't show up in the processes.

One more question, with Home license, does it unlock the option to disable Windows Defender Antivirus/Spyware or this option is not available?
Yes
I would like to install another antivirus instead of Defender Antivirus, that's why I want to disable it, at least it doesn't show up in the processes.
Installing antivirus disables windows defender "by Ms design"

Yes

Installing antivirus disables windows defender "by Ms design"
Yes, I know, but I don't want to have any Antivirus/Spyware process from Defender (only this)....
P.S: i purchased now the license :cool: When i can testing all, i write my impressions...

P.S.2: I removed Edge Chromium and all Legacy's dependecies.. all of ISO works without any issues... wow, thanks NTLite... :)

Last edited:
Back