Need guidance: adding AMD RAID drivers to be used during installation on existing RAID0 array

exelanz

Need some guidance on this topic.

I have added the RAID drivers in the driver section and checked winre.wim, install.wim and boot.wim 1 & 2 in the Reapply tasks across editions sections.

I think this should do the trick. But when starting the installation process I end up being stuck at the part where I need to select the disk for installation. I see two disks as opposed to the single RAID0 array/disk.

Now if I load the RAID drivers manually at this stage I have the desired outcome and RAID0 array/disk is properly recognised.

Did I miss something in my setup?

Many thanks in advance.

I don't have an AMD, but suspect it's the same problem plaguing Intel VMD RAID drivers. Even though you've correctly integrated the drivers, there's a ranking conflict between it and the default non-RAID driver -- and the "wrong" driver wins.

Non-NTLite users have shared this exact problem on other sites. As before, it's not clear what needs to be done other than resorting to adding the F6 drivers at install time.

garlin

Ok, I got it working. I started from scratch with pristine Windows 11 image. The only change I made was adding 3 AMD RAID drivers for NVMe disks. The drivers are for my ASUS TUF GAMING B550 PLUS WIFI motherboard and can be downloaded here (Windows 11) : https://drivers.amd.com/drivers/raid_windows_driver_930_00296.zip

I think I had issues because the ZIP file also contains drivers for SATA based RAID and I installed them as well. With only the NVMe RAID drivers the RAID0 array was recognized properly.

I hope this info will be useful for others.

Back