Preset Issues - Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this hardware

xFadedxShadow

For the life of me i can't fu***** figure out what is making windows throw an "Windows Setup could not configure windows to run on this hardware" At the getting ready screen. I have wasted so much time trying to figure it out that i came here for help.
Yes i know i have removed a lot of windows components and etc but this preset used to just work fine, NTLite updated and it now will not work anymore.

I'm using Windows 10 21H2 Professional

Here is the preset!

Attachments

• Auto-saved bd9101eb.xml
    54.3 KB
These components are required for user setup:
Code:
<c>cdpsvc 'Connected Devices Platform Service'</c>
<c>cdpusersvc 'Connected Devices Platform User Service'</c>

They're protected by Compatibility mode, so you would have disabled NTLite's normal warning to keep them in the image.

These components are required for user setup:
Code:
<c>cdpsvc 'Connected Devices Platform Service'</c>
<c>cdpusersvc 'Connected Devices Platform User Service'</c>

They're protected by Compatibility mode, so you would have disabled NTLite's normal warning to keep them in the image.
What do you mean disable NTLite's normal warning?

NTLite (by default) will protect specific components as recommended/required. If you don't disable the Compatibility checkboxes, then removing them will trigger a warning message. Did you get this preset from someone else, or make it yourself? I think when you import a preset with Compatibility disabled, NTLite doesn't warn you while editing.

NTLite (by default) will protect specific components as recommended/required. If you don't disable the Compatibility checkboxes, then removing them will trigger a warning message. Did you get this preset from someone else, or make it yourself? I think when you import a preset with Compatibility disabled, NTLite doesn't warn you while editing.
I did get the preset from someone else but i modified somethings within it but the original preset won't work either with the same error message here is the original preset. I totally forgot when you import presets that NTLite doesn't warn you about certain configs

Attachments

• BareMinimal.xml
    74.5 KB
Dude. You should totally ask for a refund from the preset's author!

Restore both CDP components (by removing those lines in Notepad). While you're there, get rid of:
Code:
<c>mediaplayer 'Windows Media Player'</c>
<c>mediaplayer32 'Windows Media Player - 32 bit'</c>
<c>Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge 'Microsoft Edge (Legacy)'</c>
<c>uac 'User Account Control (UAC)'</c>

WMP and Edge (Legacy) libraries are sometimes required by other apps or games to run. Removing UAC is inviting your system to be broken in strange & unpredictable ways.

Dude. You should totally ask for a refund from the preset's author.

Restore both CDP components (by removing those lines in Notepad). While you're there, get rid of:
Code:
<c>mediaplayer 'Windows Media Player'</c>
<c>mediaplayer32 'Windows Media Player - 32 bit'</c>
<c>Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge 'Microsoft Edge (Legacy)'</c>
<c>uac 'User Account Control (UAC)'</c>

WMP and Edge (Legacy) libraries are sometimes required by other apps or games to run. Removing UAC is inviting your system to be broken in wonderfully unpredictable ways.
LMAO I'll give this a go... Also thank you for taking your time with me and response time is amazing! How do you know about all these components so quickly would have taken me ages, even with the forums lol.

The trouble is most users don't actually understand what they're removing, "it doesn't sound like I need it."
That's why we have this community, you learn from everyone's previous mistakes.

Soo far it's still the same error, could it be that i'm using DISM + CUSTOM
Sorry for the late response had to leave for a bit

I'm currently trying out the default settings for compatibility. With just the Not-Recommended preset on top.
When i extract my image there are two presets. one is much larger than the other one.
Here are the auto-saved files, could someone explain to me what the other xml auto save is for?!

Also i'm not sure on how to close threads..

Attachments

• Auto-saved bb144473.xml
    52.8 KB
  • Auto-saved 78d1d49c.xml
    5.4 KB
Every time you hit Apply, it creates a new Auto-saved file which logs everything done in the session. Auto-saves are not cumulative, but you can load several presets in a row to merge their changes.

You don't need to close threads, but it's helpful to change the subject to "(Solved)".

Back