obunga

I made a custom ISO with NTLite, using the GamerOS.xml file, pretty much not touching anything besides adding back the Spanish QWERTY layout, and I've noticed Intel Graphics command center not loading, but the Nvidia Control Panel working flawlessly. I've tried every average solution for the Intel one like Restarting the PC (And I do mean actually Restarting the PC, not the hibernation shenanigans Win10 pulls up when you "Shutdown"), Repair, Restore, Re-Installing it, so far nothing of the more common solutions has worked, both of them were installed via Powershell using these lines:

1. Set-PSRepository -Name 'PSGallery' -InstallationPolicy Trusted
2. Install-Script -Name winget-install -Force
3. winget-install.ps1 (Pretty sure GamerOS doesn't remove winget but just in case)

irm "(here I copied the url of the appxpackage from adguard)" -o spot.appx
Add-Appxpackage .\spot.appx

I was missing all dependencies so I had to install them beforehand (Using spot-dep.appx), they were these ones, x64 architecture:
Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2_2.2.29512.0
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2_2.2.28604.0
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.32530.0
There was no error during installation of both the appx and the deps, and it may not seem like it But I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff so any help is appreciated, For the time being I'm just hitting myself with trial and error because I barely know what I'm doing.

My main objective is to keep windows to a minimum for Gaming and Graphics (Blender, Editing, Photoshop and the such), while still being capable of using these UWP, that as far as I know, I'm basically forced to use because some options are locked behind these control panels (Like disabling adaptive brightness), so I'm posting this to know what should I touch while building the ISO in NTLite to make this UWP work, or if there is some workaround that would prevent me needing those UWP in the first place, or some kind of solution that I haven't thought, whatever goes.

GamerOS doesn't remove any UWP framework dependencies.

If you're using the updated winget, the easier way is simply to run:
Intel Graphics Command Center
Code:
winget install 9PLFNLNT3G5G --accept-package-agreements --accept-source-agreements

The one thing to remember is Appx programs cannot run under SYSTEM user, it requires a normal local user context (preferrably after your first desktop logon). The PS scripts can run under Post-Setup (Machine), but the Add-AppxPackage must run in Post-Setup (User).

I don't think I understand the difference between a system user and a local user, so if you can explain the last part, thanks in advance.

So I'm (Cluelessly) guessing I run a powershell script with that command that would include all the UWP's I need? And judging by what you said you run this after the system has started up.

Also as I'm writing this I've noticed that I need to ''Install'' winget everytime, because after running the line, It didn't recognize winget

Ok so I finally got the error with winget, it is installed but not recognized, while I wait for an answer I'll troubleshoot this one myself if I can.

This is the error:
ADVERTENCIA: winget is installed but is not detected as a command. Try using winget now. If it doesn't work, try
restarting your computer.
ADVERTENCIA: If you restart your computer and the command still isn't recognized, please read the Troubleshooting
section
of the README: https://github.com/asheroto/winget-install#troubleshooting
ADVERTENCIA: Make sure you have the latest version of the script by running this command: winget-install
-CheckForUpdate

(How can I highlight that a certain paragraph is supposed to be code?)

To write text as embedded code, you can use the three-dots in the toolbar and look for the </> icon.

Or enter the words [ CODE] my code... text [ /CODE]
Obviously with no space after the [, since the forum software will interpret the [ keyword as formatting.

Executing asheroto's script, will install the latest winget from GitHub (which is the version you want). This step can be run from Post-Setup (Machine) because it's a generic package install.

The problem is winget-cli executable is packaged inside App Installer, which is UWP. You can't run any binary inside UWP until it's been provisioned for your user profile. Which means you need to logon first.

Your first actual winget command must be under Post-Setup (User).

Back