ntlite

1. Hellbovine

Unused Drivers

This is primarily a praise post. I just wanted to take the time to express my appreciation for a feature I recently discovered in NTLite in the driver section called, "Exclude unused" which solved a problem that was otherwise going to take a long time to figure out. Also, I wanted to bring...
  2. Hellbovine

Poll: NTLite Usage

Something I have pondered about is what the statistics look like regarding why people use NTLite, so I made a poll. Please keep in mind this is supposed to be fun/interesting, rather than serious. If it becomes popular enough, NTLite could refer to this poll as a form of feedback to help...
  3. Hellbovine

Windows Install (Black Screen)

I have been experimenting with the 4 built-in presets (W10 21H2 Home), and something I noticed which I've also seen mentioned on another thread, is that after the Windows Setup process, at some point before you hit the desktop it tends to hang for quite a long time at a black screen, but will...
  4. Hellbovine

Question: NTLite Methodology

Does NTLite change either its registry tweaks or component removals based on the detected operating system? Let's use a made up example, pretend NTLite has a setting for "Disable Doodad". Now, let's add a layer of confusion by saying the registry path changes based on which OS it is, because...
  5. Sinical

Can anyone describe what these settings.xml parameters do?

There are a few of the settings in the xml file that I'm confused as to what they do exactly or want to make sure <DisableProtections>false</DisableProtections> <ForceDismExe>false</ForceDismExe> (I assume this forces to only use DISM.exe?) <ForceWimLib>false</ForceWimLib> (And this I assume...
  6. Hellbovine

Bug: NTLite Settings File Explorer Pop-Up

Not sure if this is a bug, or an intended feature that I don't understand: Super easy to replicate, just load the deployed/live Windows into NTLite, then go to Settings > Windows Update > Automatic driver update mode > Never Process it and then it will immediately load File Explorer and make...
  7. Hellbovine

Image size increases for unknown reason

It might be related to this other post, but there's also a lot of reasons that person's post may be a different problem, so I made my own thread since their issue is post-install size, while mine is about pre-install image size. It's quite possible they are both related though. I never paid...
  8. Hellbovine

Guide: Quality Control

This post contains information about how to efficiently pursue Windows and NTLite tweaking, resulting in a much higher quality image, free of bugs and quirks, saving you a ton of time and headache in the long run. TESTING IN LAYERS PROCESSING ORDER EXTERNAL COMPLEXITIES USER ACCOUNTS...
  9. Hellbovine

Gaming Lounge

Welcome to the Gaming Lounge. Here you will find a collection of guides, notes, and tools for tweaking the Windows operating system, as well as gaming advice. This page contains useful information for all types of users, but it is geared more towards gamers and people seeking high performance...
  10. Hellbovine

NTLite Forum Attachments

A suggestion regarding attachments on posts. The thumbnail attachments are kind of excessively large I feel, compared to the sizing of everything else in a thread. Perhaps they can be toned down a little? As I'm browsing the forum it seems like most attachments are types of files that have no...
  11. Hellbovine

Guide: Optimized Image

This guide walks users through the entire process of creating an optimized Windows 10 install, designed for maximum performance. These tweaks have been thoroughly researched and tested, to provide a safe and official approach, making it suitable for gamers, power-users, and everyday users too...
  12. Hellbovine

Guide: NTLite For Beginners

The following is a beginner's guide on using NTLite. It is designed to take inexperienced computer users through the entire process, step-by-step, so there is nothing for them to interpret. If you follow these directions you will end up with a simple base image that you can use to install a...
  13. Hellbovine

NTLite Forum Links

How do I get the forum to stop automatically changing my URLs into MEDIA when I link a Reddit post? I don't want a giant Reddit thread inserted into my posts... I tried manually enclosing links in just basic URL brackets, and also I tried putting them inside parenthesis too which normally stops...
  14. Hellbovine

Guide: Pause Windows Updates

This guide explains how to pause Windows Update for any amount of time, and was designed for Windows 10 Home (21H2), but may work on other versions and editions too. ; Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Automatically download drivers > Off...
  15. B

WPI integration with NTLite into Windows 7 WIM

Hello NTL forum members, I am a complete Noob when it comes to using NTLite products in Windows 7 ,and would like to know how i may integrate Windows Post Installer (WPI app) into windows 7 wim (if this is even possible with NTLite enterprise edition??)to install various browser,other 3rd party...
  16. Hellbovine

NTLite Registry Change Notification

Is there a way to see what registry key NTLite is modifying when we change various settings from within NTLite directly? If not, I do wish there was a way to do this. For example, let's say you remove Windows Defender using NTLite, it would be helpful to have a text pop-up or put the...
  17. Hellbovine

NTLite Image Failure

I will update the original post in this thread if it becomes popular, so that it serves as a guide that we can direct people to. But for now I just have a quick question... Is there a list of known issues that prevent Windows Setup from installing Windows? I just started importing services...
  18. Hellbovine

Windows CRLF vs Linux LF

A shower thought I had today... This is a general non-NTLite question, but also has an NTLite element too: For all you coders out there, when I was working with LPC I had to learn to convert all my code files into Linux LF in my Notepad++ rather than using the default Windows CRLF, or else in...
  19. Hellbovine

Guide: Start Menu and Taskbar

The following is a guide on how to remove the default links, shortcuts, pins, tiles, etcetera, from the start menu and taskbar in Windows 10 (21H2). I tried all of the other solutions everywhere and none of them were working as expected, there was always something left behind. I started...
  20. JamessJ

NTite versions

I find myself in a very big doubt talking to other creators of optimized operating systems, they mention that the latest versions of ntlite cause serious compatibility and performance problems, is this true or is it a simple myth? I personally use version v2.1.1.7917