Update entire W7 RTM install.wim to Service Pack 1?

thepwrtank18

Here's what I have right now:
1711849994115.png
Big list, I know. Is there any way I can update this entire ISO to Service Pack 1? Everything is RTM right now.

On paper, yes. In reality, trying to process 25 images in parallel tends to kill NTLite. If you're actually serious, I would select 4-5 images at a time and apply SP1 to them. NTLite will still be dreadfully slow when trying to rebuild the single WIM file (dedupe and compression).

Not to mention trying to update SP1 to pre-ESU level (Jan 2020 patches).

I will ask the normal question: is there a point to collecting every N and KN edition? Your W7 ISO doesn't become more valuable by preserving the crappy editions.

I'm planning on making a tool that generates custom OEM installation images (drivers, OEM-SLP licenses, etc) to every edition of Windows 7. OEM folder goes in, all the editions from the base ISO come out. I want to ensure compatibility with pretty much anything, especially activation.

Also, it's possible to process them in parallel? I thought you could only do them one at a time. (probably a premium feature I don't know about)

Free NTLite can process images in parallel except it has these nag screens that constantly stop and ask you to Continue.

In all honesty, if you're writing a tool to customize a range of base images then you should just familiarize yourself with DISM and script applying updates and drivers. You might as well start by applying SP1 to RTM.

And there's no need for the zoo. Make your tool work on the base SKU's (Home, Premium, Pro, Ultimate, Enterprise) and one of the token N or KN images. If the logic works, then the only difference is collecting all the licensing variants.

Best of luck.

Back