Why did my PC restart? message. How to bypass this?

ljburna

Has anyone receive this message while installing Windows 11? The PC is connected to the internet. After either restarting the computer or clicking next, the setup does continue. Is there a way to get rid of this message in the configuration?

Much Thanks

1675035280342.png

You've removed required OOBE components, or disabled a logon service. Please attach your preset (without any user passwords or license keys).

Is there a reason you checked these boxes (Unattended)?

<AnswerFileLocationPanther>true</AnswerFileLocationPanther>
<AnswerFileLocationBoot>true</AnswerFileLocationBoot>

Is there a reason you checked these boxes (Unattended)?

<AnswerFileLocationPanther>true</AnswerFileLocationPanther>
<AnswerFileLocationBoot>true</AnswerFileLocationBoot>
I was following a tutorial and the 2 option was recommended. After unchecking both options the messaged cleared for the most part. It still occurs periodically. (see attached)

Attachments

• Auto-saved 21fc0403.xml
    9.7 KB
And the OOBE reseal? If you're not doing sysprep... don't need it.

I set the OOBE reseal back to default and the same system message reappeared. Kind of scratching my head at the moment.

Attachments

• Auto-saved 21fc0403.xml
    7.5 KB
  • autounattend.xml
    2.6 KB
You're not creating a local user account in Unattended, and don't have BypassRNO setting to skip the MS Account screen. Which means Windows is stuck because it can't create a primary user to finish Setup.

Since you're on the free edition, unhide the MS Account screen in Unattended. When you run install, use the shift-F10 "BypassRNO" hack that's mentioned on every Windows site. Now you can create a local account.

You're not creating a local user account in Unattended, and don't have BypassRNO setting to skip the MS Account screen. Which means Windows is stuck because it can't create a primary user to finish Setup.

Since you're on the free edition, unhide the MS Account screen in Unattended. When you run install, use the shift-F10 "BypassRNO" hack that's mentioned on every Windows site. Now you can create a local account.
I found the issue where some of the apps in the Post-Setup where not installing correctly even with the correct switches to install silently. That cause the message.

Thank you so much for assisting me and for the quick response.

Back