bug

1. I

Bug report - NTLite mixing up image names/flags/descriptions

Hello, I use NTLite to label my images as imagex/dism-capture does not do it for me. As I combine multiple editions into my images, I need to add image names, edition names, flags and descriptions to each image so I recognize each edition. I highly appreciate that NTLite has this feature and it...
  2. N

Microsoft Edge, OneDrive, and Defender are still in WinSxS folder after removed

Microsoft Edge and OneDrive and Defender are still in WinSxS folder after removed (DISM + Custom) NTLite .ver : v2023.9.9419 used Image : Windows 11 Pro Build 22621.2283
  3. L

Can't open Windows XP in NTLite

I have a problem that I can't open Windows XP in NTLite. It just gives me an error "Please select Windows installation files in a writable directory...". the first time I opened this same version it opened. Video ---> Windows XP (the site from which I downloaded this file) ---> Links...
  4. Hellbovine

Bug: Resizing Columns

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: There are multiple bugs in how NTLite handles the resizing of columns in all the menus. MORE INFORMATION
  5. Hellbovine

Bug: Template Settings Error

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Installing either the "Lite" or "Not recommended" template always results in an error message coming from the bottom right corner of the taskbar, as soon as task scheduler starts to run for the first time. I do not recall if the error happened on...
  6. Hellbovine

Bug: Logon Animations

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Using the NTLite templates to create an image and do a clean install of Windows, right before you reach the desktop after Windows Setup finishes, it tends to hang for a few minutes at a black screen, but will eventually progress. This is...
  7. Hellbovine

Bug: Unexpected File Explorer

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: File Explorer will randomly appear while using NTLite, but it should not do this. MORE INFORMATION
  8. Hellbovine

Discussion: 22H2 Task Scheduler Bug

Update: September 1st, 2023 (Unresolved) This post explains about a bug that affects the Task Scheduler in Windows 10 and 11, version 22H2. I discovered that a bug prevents the scheduler from properly finishing its tasks, which means it continues to run forever and consumes extra resources...
  9. Hellbovine

Bug: Image Size

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Unresolved) Summary: Creating an image using only a few edits makes the disk space grow substantially, when it should be shrinking. MORE INFORMATION
  10. Hellbovine

Bug: Miscellaneous Issues

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Resolved) Summary: This was a compilation post of over a dozen miscellaneous questions, bugs, suggestions, and typos that I collected while using NTLite for several months. This thread is a good example of what not to do because it is too much information at once and...
  11. Hellbovine

Bug: License Activation

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Resolved) Summary: Disabling network devices through the BIOS causes NTLite to experience an activation issue in the tool. Part of this is intentional, and part of it was a bug. It is intentional that NTLite requires a network device to be enabled on the computer...
  12. Hellbovine

Bug: Xbox Components

Update: August 23rd, 2023 (Resolved) Summary: NTLite was combining Xbox components together, which meant trying to remove just some of those features resulted in them all being uninstalled. This was a problem because some of the components are optional and will not break anything when removed...
  13. H

SetupComplete.cmd is restarting PC after completion

Need : i dont want a restart pc after setupcomplete.cmd completed. Problem : In autounattend.xml Will reboot is already set to Never. But there is restart happens. Test : Im using latest version ntlite Latest windows 10 21h1 iso ms official. Created autounattend without changing any...
  14. NoTRite

Windows Security bug in 1809 + NTLite 1.7.0.6522

Hey nuhi The new Windows Security center in Windows 1809 is broken with NTLite 1.7.0.6522 and the below preset. I applied the preset to Windows 10 1809 EN/US x64 Professional Education as downloaded from the MS website. When I open Windows Security from the Settings app, I am presented with a...
  15. NoTRite

Unable to edit start menu bug in 1.7.0.6522

Hey nuhi, I tried using 1.7.0.6522 to install to a new computer, and I noticed the start menu will not save any changes I make to it... First, when I open the Settings App and make changes to the start menu, such as unchecking "show app list", there is no effect on the start menu. Second...
  16. NoTRite

Unable to change default programs bug in 1.7.0.6522 & 1.7.0.6510

Hey nuhi, I tried the release you made today (1.7.0.6522) and still ran into the same issue with being unable to change the default applications as I mentioned here. I know you said you had problems replicating the error, but I was able to replicate it myself on separate hardware. These were...
  17. NoTRite

Sticky Notes and PDF Reader don't work

Hey nuhi Neither Sticky notes nor PDF Reader work in my installation, even though they are both enabled in the preset .XML file. In the resulting installation, .PDF files have no associated program. Meanwhile, Sticky Notes appears to be present, but clicking it in the start menu doesn't do...
  18. NoTRite

Telemetry settings not available

Hey nuhi After I've installed Windows 10 with telemetry set to "Security" in NTLite, I'm not able to confirm or edit the telemetry level in the resulting installation. I used a Windows 10 Education ISO and set the telemetry level to Security in NTLite. After installing, I opened gpedit.msc to...
  19. NoTRite

.NET 3.5 not available

Hey nuhi .Net 3.5 doesn't work, even when it's enabled in NTLite. Below are screenshots. I'm also including the presets .XML file. Thanks!
  20. NoTRite

SensorDataService bug in NTLite

Hello, I hope Nuhi is available... I found an issue when making a custom image for laptops. Even when the "MobilePC" component is fully enabled in NTLite, the resulting image cannot run SensorDataService. If I try to manually start the Sensor Data Service from services.msc, I get the...
Back