updates

1. R

My ISO stops loading in mid-Setup after using DISM Compatible Updates Deletion! (MSMG)

On NTLite, I updated my ISO and used the DISM Compatible method to delete old updates. Then, I made exported three different parts of the install.wim file. Then, for each part, on MSMG Toolkit, I placed a registry key for each part. I re-wiped, reinstalled the ISO, and on the "Just a...
  2. T

Physical keyboard not working after custom ISO install

I made a custom ISO (Windows 11 22H2) for testing purposes a few months ago and succeeded with a slimmed down image that ran well. Recently I wanted to incorporate the recent cumulative updates as well as tweak a few more settings via registry to create an updated ISO (Windows 11 23H2). The...
  3. I

Clean update backup method choice when preparing an image for subsequent customization

Hi. Let's say I need to build lots of customized Windows images. Consequently, to reduce the time of each individual image build, I want to integrate upgrades into an intermediate image and then use that as a base for further customization. So, instead of doing this: Unmodified ISO -> NTLite...
  4. R

Should I delete updates that are superseded?

Well, should I?
  5. D

About Update downloads

Hi. When NTlite downloads an update, it can happen that in this process the internet goes down. Here comes a message that time has expired and try again". The question is: After the download is complete, does ntlite use some method of verifying the update hash, before proceeding with the...
  6. J

Install KB50095555 on Server 2022

I know removing components in Server 2022 is unsupported, but I'm hoping somebody else has figured this out for me... I've carefully removed components in 10 LTSC and also Server 2019 in the past and never had a problem once I gone through the trouble and figuring out which components can and...
  7. C

Does including the latest 'Cumulative Update' install features like Microsoft Edge?

Hi, If I add the latest 'Cumulative Update' from Windows to the installer will this sometimes result in Edge or other features / components being added? Do they still get added even if the features are disabled (unticked), or not appear, in the config? Thanks.
  8. T

Windows 7 SP1 Cannot Integrate Update KB4537820 - Monthly Rollup

I am using the NTLite (v1.9.0.7304) update downloader feature, and have tried both a fresh, genuine copy (en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.iso) and a copy of that ISO slipstreamed with updates to April of 2019 and I experience the same error. Both times it was the same update...
  9. H

Having trouble with my custom ISO (LTSC 1809)

Hello. I've been trying out NTLite to customise my Windows image (Windows Enterprise 1809) for over a week since I heard about it. With every iterative custom ISO I made, I always tested it on VirtualBox and the last couple of tests apparently didn't allow me to start programs as the...
  10. B

Updating Windows 10 without removed components

Hello, Due to the impending end of support for Windows 7, I am currently testing a slimmed down version of Windows 10 Enterprise, without certain apps such as Microsoft Edge and Windows Defender Antivirus (the latter will be replaced by a third-party alternative). The main reason for using the...
  11. IanC

UAC : This app has been blocked (NTLite.exe beta - v1.8.0.6760)

Installed the March 2019 Windows updates & Windows Defender definitions. Now, I get a User Account Control (UAC) prompt that ntlite.exe is blocked for my protection. (Sample image taken off the internet) This happens on both a Domain joined & workgroup machine This happens with AVG & Windows...
  12. U

Windows 10 x64 Cumulative Updates

Does selecting "Windows Update (+Feature Setup)" in the compatibility options ensure that the OS will be able to install Windows cumulative updates? If not, is there a list of what not to remove to keep this functionality? Thanks!
  13. V

How does NTLite get the latest updates from Microsoft Catalog server

Hi All, First of the thanks for the awesome tool. I am interested to know how ntlite figures out from Microsoft catalog site what is the latest cumulative update for windows 10 platforms. More specifically how does it know the KB number for a given platform(say RS1, RS2 etc). Does it scrape the...
Back