updates

1. B

Updating Windows 10 without removed components

Hello, Due to the impending end of support for Windows 7, I am currently testing a slimmed down version of Windows 10 Enterprise, without certain apps such as Microsoft Edge and Windows Defender Antivirus (the latter will be replaced by a third-party alternative). The main reason for using the...
  2. IanC

UAC : This app has been blocked (NTLite.exe beta - v1.8.0.6760)

Installed the March 2019 Windows updates & Windows Defender definitions. Now, I get a User Account Control (UAC) prompt that ntlite.exe is blocked for my protection. (Sample image taken off the internet) This happens on both a Domain joined & workgroup machine This happens with AVG & Windows...
  3. U

Windows 10 x64 Cumulative Updates

Does selecting "Windows Update (+Feature Setup)" in the compatibility options ensure that the OS will be able to install Windows cumulative updates? If not, is there a list of what not to remove to keep this functionality? Thanks!
  4. V

How does ntlite get the latest updates from microsoft catalog server

Hi All, First of the thanks for the awesome tool. I am interested to know how ntlite figures out from Microsoft catalog site what is the latest cumulative update for windows 10 platforms. More specifically how does it know the KB number for a given platform(say RS1, RS2 etc). Does it scrape the...