oyobembe

I've been having problems trying to make this damn thing work while still having a the decently debloated ISO that NTLite makes, for the past week or so wiht no result.
So if anyone know what Components, Services, Registry Keys and the such are needed to make this thing work It'll be great. I've been using W10 21H2, with a Modified GamerOS Preset from Chris Titus (This one), enabling all the stuff that I've seen here in forums are needed for the UWP to work, like this ones:
- all of ModernApp support
- System Apps

Microsoft.NET.Native.Framework.2.2
Microsoft.NET.Native.Runtime.2.2
Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.4
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00.UWPDesktop
Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
AppResolverUX (optional)
I got this from this thread, apparently Intel CP also needs Application Experience which I have not been able to find, also as a side note, while I have been keeping all that, winget also doesn't seem to work, it is installed but not recognized as a command (before you ask yes, I have tried their troubleshooting guide, without a positive result)

Some things that might be important to take into account: I've been installing the appx from the adguard site, using irm with powershell, and while doing that I've noticed I was missing literally all the dependencies, which is weird because I made sure to not remove them in NTLite, and on the first boot I've run a Windows Debloater and the Chris Titus Winutil, thinking back to it that might have caused some issues giving that debloating tools on a bare bones NTLite ISO are pretty pointless.

At last if there's not a viable solution, just tell me all the stuff I need to do, I'll bite the bullet and make a microsoft account with a tempmail to download the UWP, and probably get a Linux Machine as soon as I can.

IMPORTANT SIDENOTE: I'm pretty much doing all this just because adaptive brightness is locked behind the UWP CP, and running the Laptop without power is insane because of the constant brightness changes, it literally makes me dizzy, I probably don't need the CP for anything else, but I probably still need the other ones, I'll be trying if those work while I wait for an answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record, Intel's Graphics Command Center requires:
NET.Native.Framework.2.2​
NET.Native.Runtime.2.2​
VCLibs.140.00​

Both the original GamerOS and Chris Titus' fork don't remove any of the UWP framework libraries. If you want to one-click install a downloaded Appx package file, then you need to keep App Installer.

Are you running the debloating script BEFORE or AFTER sideloading Intel CP? The debloating script doesn't whitelist "Intel", so....

Are you running the debloating script BEFORE or AFTER sideloading Intel CP? The debloating script doesn't whitelist "Intel", so....
Before, seems like my nose was right, I'll just have to whitelist Intel, or not even run it, I'm at like 60 Processes.

And I did remove some other stuff Like Cortana, One Drive, and basically anything that was not in the "Lite" Tier, maybe that affects something?

Most debloat scripts can't remove all of the default Apps like NTLite, because some packages are marked Non-Removable.
NTLite can delete them from the image, because before installation, uninstalled packages have no protection.

Mixing and matching debloat scripts is hit or miss. They're inferior in NTLite for Appx removals, but using the other half of the script is fine if you're interesting in someone's tweaks.

I didn't express myself very well, I meant Cortana and One Drive were removed using NTLite, because at the end of the day it's bloat and I never used them, so even using the other half for me it's kinda pointless now that I think about it.
PS. If you want to avoid using rg-adguard.net, there's a PS script to download the same apps. The scroll down menu has Intel CP listed on the bottom (past all the default MS packages).
I'll try this one out on a fresh install to see if the problem persists, are there any regedits or services I'll need to edit/manually enable?

Well I'm now on my fresh install, and while getting the Intel CP with the PS Script you recommended me just found out that somehow I'm missing all the dependencies, which is weird but ok because the script still gets you the dependencies.

Anyway looks like the Intel CP is still not working, once all the deps were one it installed properly but once you open it' it's stuck on loading, even thought this time I didn't run any debloating scripts or tools, at this point I'm just lost

If you read ms's store pages for intels graphics control panels/centres you will see that people are having problems with them not working, this is why all this dch crap should stop.

Yes I know, but at the end of the day it's only going to get worse, that's what using Windows in 2020 gets you, I'm just looking for a solution to this, while I slowly, but surely transition to learning Linux while giving the Middle finger to Microsheet.

I'm currently looking at this and this threads to edit the xml file to keep barely all I need for this damned thing to work, I also forgot about the Edge removal bat file and the ps1 I'm running in Post-Install so I'm also checking those to make sure nothing in there is breaking the CP.

It's kinda hard to find a reliable solution nowadays, because there's so little people left in this community, I see the same people while browsing the forums (Clanger, garlin, Hellbovine, nuhi), probably because the rest of them already left windows for Linux (can't blame them) or just completely gave up and run a bloated windows because learning this thing is definetly not for the faint of heart if you're not tech-savvy.

Rants aside, any help is appreciated, I'm also using the same ps1 post-installation script from Chris Titus.

If you have an exact NTLite preset with latest version that breaks Intel Control Panel, post it and I'll check.
Of course while preparing that, don't use any other modifications until the cause is found.

It's already there in the first post of this thread, the first hyperlink (I'll leave it here just in case), it's a modified GamerOS by Chris Titus, I've seen in this thread that apparently you need to change this line of code for Store Stuff? I don't know, I'm quite a noob so I'll leave the testing up to you.

Code:
<Feature enabled="no">WindowsStore</Feature>

I'm loading this preset with a 21H2 Version, because it's one of the easiest to find, and I don't trust the 22H2, maybe different version could be the issue, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to learn how to strip my desired version from the Media Creation Crap, which is a pain in the ass.

I'd still like to remove some other stuff, even with a preset, so tell me what I absolutely CAN'T remove for the Intel CP to work, I'll be waiting for an answer meanwhile.

Edit: I'm also running his .ps1 script, a batch file to completely remove edge and a minimal processes.reg i found from a youtube video.

Last edited:
Rants aside, any help is appreciated, I'm also using the same ps1 post-installation script from Chris Titus.
I see these kind of threads every day, and in the vast majority of cases the issues are due to a lot of bad tweaking. For most people, it really doesn't need to be any more complicated than taking an official ISO from Microsoft, load it into NTLite, apply component removals and registry tweaks, install Windows and be done tweaking. More often than not, NTLite isn't the issue.

For example, the GamerOS ps1 script needs a lot of work. I documented in that thread (link) how the script as-is dramatically harms internet speeds, breaks the start menu scrolling, the script's contents are not documented, the file should be .reg instead of .ps1, and all of that was discovered on just brief testing, so I can't recommend the script as-is because experience tells me a deeper dive will discover more problems.

Don't get me wrong, it's perfectly fine that Txmmy uploaded this for power users to comb through, but what actually happens is the vast majority of tweaking enthusiasts install it without even skimming through the contents. Things like the Chris Titus debloater and other tools/scripts out there are all subject to the same issues I'm discussing too. Basically, more variables in an equation leads to more opportunities for disaster, and people need to greatly dial it back and test things layer by layer, rather than piling it all on at once because that's objectively the wrong way to go about this.

It was clear to me that NTLite wasn't the problem there, the real problem is how i put a ps1 in post-install without even reading what it does, after taking a quick peek it's clear to me that, this is the cause of most of my problems, so I'll probably do exactly as you said, because I'm certainly no power user

Edit: I left the reg file that I'm using, my past experiences are telling me that maybe I can't remove edge and expect to not break a lot of stuff, so maybe I'll have to ditch the bat file too, the reg it's just a single line to change split threshold for svchost.exe, i doubt that's breaking something, but I'm still a noob at the end of the day.

Attachments

• Minimal Processes.reg
    276 bytes
Last edited:
If you have an exact NTLite preset with latest version that breaks Intel Control Panel, post it and I'll check.
Of course while preparing that, don't use any other modifications until the cause is found.
Now that I've learned to attach files, this is the one.

Attachments

• GamerOS 10 Final.xml
    39.6 KB
This weekend, after a lot of bruteforcing trial and error, I've pretty much narrowed the problem specifically to the "Components" section of the code, I'm now running the xml, with the ps1 post install script, the reg which is just a single line to keep Runtime Broker under a leash, and even a batch to remove edge, along with some pretty heavy removal of windows apps (Cortana, OneDrive and the such). And with all those modifications, the Intel and Realtek CP loaded succesfully (You have to be online on the first startup to sign some EULA for the Intel but after that no more problems)

My next step would be to keep trying to get what specific component is messing everything up, matter of fact I couldn't even get the Audio Drivers to work, that could be a helpful clue for the problem. Perhaps trying with the default NTlite Presets could be a good start. Either way I'll still be waiting for an answer if I don't find the solution myself earlier.

I'll post the xml later on

left the reg file that I'm using, it's just a single line to change split threshold for svchost.exe,
That tweak does reduce the amount of svchosts.exe considerably but it doesnt change the amount of services running and the value you use changes machine to machine, even on the same machine with a ram upgrade, better for users to use Winaero Tweaker to change that setting.

w7 v ltsc.jpg
Here

An update on the matter, I'm 99% sure that something removed among the system components category is causing the issue, I built recenty a xml that runs all the same component removals of the file I sent earlier, and even more that I added afterwards, EXCEPT the system ones. I did performed a bunch of changes of stuff that sounded important for the Drivers CP's, and while adding the system settint to make the final test, I've found a component named "System Event Notification Service (SENS)", where it is specifically listed as needed for Intel integrated GPU control panel, so obviously I'm gonna leave it on to the final test, once it's done I'll share the xml

An update on the matter, I'm 99% sure that something removed among the system components category is causing the issue, I built recenty a xml that runs all the same component removals of the file I sent earlier, and even more that I added afterwards, EXCEPT the system ones. I did performed a bunch of changes of stuff that sounded important for the Drivers CP's, and while adding the system settint to make the final test, I've found a component named "System Event Notification Service (SENS)", where it is specifically listed as needed for Intel integrated GPU control panel, so obviously I'm gonna leave it on to the final test, once it's done I'll share the xml
Let me know if confirmed, will then add it as a compatibility option. So that the Intel iGPU Lite Template users don't stumble on it.
Btw if it turns out it's not (just) that, let me to continue testing.

It is just something in System category, In fact I did some pretty heavy removal from the Chris Titus Preset myself in everything else, Including Edge, Defender, Cortana, on top of that the ps1 script, a batch to completely seal edge, and the minimal processes reg line I typed above, and nothing broke the Control Panels (The realtek one is the second most annoying), So yeah keep testing to put an end to this and just redirect future Intel CP threads to this one.

I'll leave my preset (the one I'm using right now), I did remove some stuff from System, basically the spyware ones and the heaviest among them, and nothing broke, so if you're searching for a solution, this preset could be a temporary one, might be an interesting starting point since it already removes some System, but Intel CP still works.

Attachments

• W10 Preset.xml
    40.4 KB
Back