bug report

1. N

Microsoft Edge, OneDrive, and Defender are still in WinSxS folder after removed

Microsoft Edge and OneDrive and Defender are still in WinSxS folder after removed (DISM + Custom) NTLite .ver : v2023.9.9419 used Image : Windows 11 Pro Build 22621.2283
  2. EctoBoggan

[SOLVED] Can't remove files in User post-install tab

Hi, I added a ps script in the user post installation tab and now i'm unable to remove it. the X button and DEL key don't work. I don't know if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong here. Any Idea ? If it's a bug, is there the right place to mention it ? Have a great day.
  3. H

SetupComplete.cmd is restarting PC after completion

Need : i dont want a restart pc after setupcomplete.cmd completed. Problem : In autounattend.xml Will reboot is already set to Never. But there is restart happens. Test : Im using latest version ntlite Latest windows 10 21h1 iso ms official. Created autounattend without changing any...
  4. P

Windows 10 21H1 fails to complete/unmount with no error (NTLite 2.1.1.7917)

2021h2 fails to complete/unmount with no error dialog. Attaching, ntlitelog, session, and last 150 lines of dism log
  5. A

Installation failed when appending to ESD file

but when deploying is ok when exporting install.wim to already existing install.esd with same shared data installation failed, "error missing files to complete the installation..." but deploying the image with dism no error occur and working fine
  6. st1cky

[BUG] [Printing & MMC.exe] Report - NTLite

Hello NTLite Community. :) Cause: - Disabling Hardware Compatibility - "Printing" - Uncheck/Removing Components from Hardware support - "Printing" Issue: - System32/mmc.exe gets corrupted - DefaultAppAssociations for .MSC corrupted - SysWOW64/mmc.exe is still working with Error Replacing...
  7. X

Missing Task Bar Icons and Game Not Working

Hi my taskbar icons disappear are gone every time I check the ISO in a VM. I've tested the default ISO non-modified too, and the Task Bar Icons are visible as you'd expect them to be. The ISO I mainly used was 1709, but I've also tested 1809 and the Task Bar Icons still disappear. I also can't...
  8. freMea

NTLite messes up SetupComplete.cmd under some circumstances

Hi, Steps to reproduce : 1. Copy your $OEM$ folder in Windows source 2. Load your image with NTLite 3. Check Automate Post-Setup section. NTLite parsed my setupcomplete.cmd and divided in multiple commands Result : If you didn’t notice this and use a such image to install Windows, here is...
  9. freMea

SMB 1.0 client not checked when loading preset

Hi, Steps to reproduce : 1. Load an W10 1809 pro image 2. Check Configure>Features : SMB 1.0/CIFS Client (how it looks before and after checked) 3. Save preset that will contain : <Features> <Feature name="SMB1Protocol">true</Feature> </Features> 4. Unload and reload the same...
  10. NoTRite

Windows Security bug in 1809 + NTLite 1.7.0.6522

Hey nuhi The new Windows Security center in Windows 1809 is broken with NTLite 1.7.0.6522 and the below preset. I applied the preset to Windows 10 1809 EN/US x64 Professional Education as downloaded from the MS website. When I open Windows Security from the Settings app, I am presented with a...
  11. NoTRite

Unable to edit start menu bug in 1.7.0.6522

Hey nuhi, I tried using 1.7.0.6522 to install to a new computer, and I noticed the start menu will not save any changes I make to it... First, when I open the Settings App and make changes to the start menu, such as unchecking "show app list", there is no effect on the start menu. Second...
  12. NoTRite

Unable to change default programs bug in 1.7.0.6522 & 1.7.0.6510

Hey nuhi, I tried the release you made today (1.7.0.6522) and still ran into the same issue with being unable to change the default applications as I mentioned here. I know you said you had problems replicating the error, but I was able to replicate it myself on separate hardware. These were...
  13. NoTRite

Sticky Notes and PDF Reader don't work

Hey nuhi Neither Sticky notes nor PDF Reader work in my installation, even though they are both enabled in the preset .XML file. In the resulting installation, .PDF files have no associated program. Meanwhile, Sticky Notes appears to be present, but clicking it in the start menu doesn't do...
  14. NoTRite

Telemetry settings not available

Hey nuhi After I've installed Windows 10 with telemetry set to "Security" in NTLite, I'm not able to confirm or edit the telemetry level in the resulting installation. I used a Windows 10 Education ISO and set the telemetry level to Security in NTLite. After installing, I opened gpedit.msc to...
  15. NoTRite

.NET 3.5 not available

Hey nuhi .Net 3.5 doesn't work, even when it's enabled in NTLite. Below are screenshots. I'm also including the presets .XML file. Thanks!
  16. NoTRite

Compact option has no effect in resulting ISO

Hey nuhi I noticed if you set "Compact" to "true" in NTLite, it doesn't work. To replicate error: load image, go to Automate > Unattended > WindowsPE (Setup option) > Windows setup options > Install > Operating system > Compact then set to "true" After installation, open CMD/Powershell, and...
  17. NoTRite

SensorDataService bug in NTLite

Hello, I hope Nuhi is available... I found an issue when making a custom image for laptops. Even when the "MobilePC" component is fully enabled in NTLite, the resulting image cannot run SensorDataService. If I try to manually start the Sensor Data Service from services.msc, I get the...
Back